POJ (Pieces of Japan) Studio is an online platform built to bridge the gap between Japanese artisans and those consumers with a yearning for the hand-crafted homewares they produce.
POJ Studio collaborates closely with craftspeople throughout Japan, creating an online collection of beautifully-designed lifestyle goods, offered alongside the stories of their creators.
Looking for an opportunity to make a big impact and help save the Japanese crafts industry at the heart of Kyoto, Japan? POJ Studio is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join our growing team!
Successful candidates must:
- be able to manage all types of projects,
- work independently,
- have excellent oral and written communication skills, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to learn about Japanese crafts directly from the crafts people, and gaining new skills in all areas of the job.
- Content creation for blog, website, social media and newsletters
- Plan, develop and implement the company’s overall social media strategy
- Report and analyze data across marketing functions including social, content, events, and influencer marketing
- Create and manage content calendar and coordinates production timelines
- Provide weekly reporting of marketing statistics and help strategize on improvements to make to existing campaigns
- Building and maintaining strong partner and vendor relationships
- Help coordinate product photo and video shoots
- Manage pop-up stores and workshops
- Product development research
- Customer support for the online shop
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to speak and write in English and Japanese fluently
- Have a knowledge of running or have a basic understanding of social media campaigns on platforms that include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Desire to work in a startup environment
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Must be a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Must live in, or be willing to move to, Kyoto, Japan
- Interested in Japanese traditional crafts or design
- A background in marketing or copywriting
- Experience with creative production
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro
To apply for this position, send your resumé and a brief cover note firstname.lastname@example.org
About POJ Studio:
POJ Studio fosters a socially-responsible attitude towards the way we live by providing modern lifestyle products that last, are repairable and are created from sustainable materials in a way that encourages the revival of dying Japanese craft traditions.
We do this by building an ecosystem that offers the craftspeople with whom we work a point of sale for their goods, whilst celebrating stories of their heritage and sustainability in the form of videos, interviews and photo essays that help to highlight the true dedication and skill of each artisan. This not only offers the consumer a deeper connection to POJ Studio products, but also an explanation into the quality and history that goes into creating each item that they carefully curate and produce.